Order Hard Drive Disposal Services
Your hard drive (or disk drive) is a device for storing and retrieving digital information, primarily computer data. It consists of one or more rapidly rotating disks called platters. The drives also have magnetic heads arranged to write data to the surfaces and read it from them.
According to a CBS News report, nearly every digital copier built since 2002 contains a hard drive storing an image of every document copied, scanned or emailed. If you have made a copy of nearly every important document you have, these may include things like your driver’s license, social security card, passport, medical records, car titles, property deeds, mortgage records, and insurance papers.
Should your copier hard drive fall into the wrong hands, it only takes minutes to locate and remove the hard drive. Then, using a forensic program available for free from the internet, a scan of the drive can be run downloading up to tens of thousands of images in less than 12 hours.
It is our goal to continue to educate our clientele as well as provide state-of-the-art hard destruction services.
HARD DRIVE DESTRUCTION
Waste-Away Group offers a solution to protect your software, documents, and applications through it's document destruction company Integra, the industry leader in document destruction.
Our hard drive shredder will cut and shred old drives into coin-sized pieces that keep contents safe from copy or duplication.
Shredding documents is not always enough. If you are upgrading computer equipment or getting rid of old machines, keep yourself safe by destroying hard drives with Integra!
HOW THE PROCESS WORKS:
- Document your hard drive serial numbers (S/N’s)
- Contact Integra for pricing
- Integra will pick up your drives in a specially locked container
- A Certificate of Destruction will be provided by the driver on-site
- Integra will destroy your hard drives at their secure, video monitored plant in Elkhart, Indiana
- Destruction will occur the same day it is picked up
- Each drive will be checked against your S/N’s
- A second Certificate of Destruction will be issued
- Invoicing follows within 7 days